Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Plus Size OOTD: IGIGI Francesca Dress in Ruby Deco

I have been so excited about wearing this dress! The Francesca style from IGIGI is one of my favorite styles I have ever tried. You may remember, I wore a black Francesca dress earlier this year to a Kentucky Derby red carpet event.  It's just such a great design- the style, the movement, the lightweight feel...just perfect! When I saw the new Francesca dress in Ruby Deco, I had complete heart eyes! I am always in awe of the gorgeous styles, fabrics, colors and designs that I see from IGIGI, and this one really stopped me in my tracks. I thought it was sooooooooooo incredibly beautiful, so I couldn't wait to try it.
I think this dress would be perfect for many occasions, both day and night, but I decided my first wear would be out on a dinner date with my hubby. We decided to stop by the waterfront for a romantic stroll and to take some outfit pics, of course. Even though it was hot outside, I felt completely cool and comfortable thanks to this lightweight dress. It was also very windy, but this dress managed to still lay as it should and not cling or look too weird and wind blown lol. The dress really has beautiful movement to it.
I love the three quarter length sleeves and the color palette because I will be able to wear this all year. As a 5'1" girl, the dress hits me below the knee. Before I tried IGIGI, I never would have considered a dress at this length, I always liked super long or above the knee. I always feared the in between length. However, I have since realized, that this length can look great on anyone. All it takes is the right design and construction.
I also love the defined waist band. I don't even need a belt with this one! The design makes it easy to wear all on it's own.
For styling this one, I kept the jewelry to a minimum and decided to make my new fringe shoulder bag from H&M my main statement accessory. I am so in love with this bag! I think it accents this dress perfectly.
OOTD Details:
Dress: c/o IGIGI (here)
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins
Bag: H&M (here)
Bangles: Dots

2 comments: