Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Spring Plus Size OOTD: Featuring Jessica London


I love playing around with color, prints and patterns when I am styling outfits. It's so much fun, and really can refresh and brighten an outfit up. When I was picking out this outfit, I thought the jade colored dress would work perfectly with black and white stripes. I thought it would look fun, different and very spring!


On this particular day, I needed an outfit that would work for traveling, attending a church service, attending a wedding reception and having lunch with friends. I needed something comfortable, a little dressy and great for spring weather.

 

Comfort is so important because I want to feel good in my clothes. To me, it doesn't matter how cute something is, if it's not comfortable, then why bother? Luckily, both the dress and blazer in this outfit are both ponte, so they are quite comfortable and have some stretch to them. This is really nice for me in certain areas, like my arms and chest. Those tend to be the areas that are sometimes a bit snug when it comes to certain fabrics.

I like to look dressed and share my style without feeling uncomfortable or confined. I describe a lot of pieces that I wear as feeling as comfortable as a tshirt, and it's true with this outfit too. I can move around freely with no worries!


I chose this white and navy bubble style necklace because I thought it would be a great contrast on the jade colored dress. I love for each individual piece to stand out on it's own, but still fit together to create a great look as a whole.


The shoes I am wearing are the Robin ankle strap sandals by Comfortview. As the name suggests, they are incredibly comfortable. I wore them recently for a day trip which included five hours of driving and lots of walking and standing, and just being on the go, really.  These shoes kept my feet comfortable all day long and they will definitely be at the top of my list when I have to go somewhere again! These have a wedge on them 2.25" wedge on them, so they give a little bit of added height without being too tall to walk in. I also love the bungee ankle straps in the front because stretch to fit my ankle perfectly. Plus the metal accents are really cute! Last, they have a back zipper so they are easy to get on and off!

P.S. These shoes are available in W and WW width!

I am sure you guys have seen the bag many times before. It's one of my favorite bags ever. It's from JustFab, and I adore the bold pink color. I loved how it looked paired with the green and the black and white stripes of the outfit.

Complete outfit details:
Dress: c/o Jessica London
Striped blazer: c/o Jessica London
Bag: JustFab
Sandals: c/o Jessica London
Belt: Dots
Ring: Forever 21
Necklace: Old Navy
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Bracelets: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment